Data analytics is a rapidly evolving field, which means that the demand for data analysts is on the rise. And, if you are looking for a satisfying career in this field, you don’t even need a foreign degree. There are some excellent data analytics courses in India that can help you get started on the career ladder. In fact, India is the second largest hub for data analytics jobs after America, according to a study by Great Learning and Analytics India Magazine. The study also revealed that the number of jobs in this field is expected to reach 2 lakhs by 2020.
Here’s a look at the various jobs that you can get after data analytics training.
- Data Scientist
A data scientist collects and studies data. With the help of this analysis, they reveal actionable insights for businesses, governments and more. Data scientists go one step further than just analysis. They also contribute towards the development of modelling standards, data mining architecture and data analysis methodologies. Some of the skills required to become a successful data scientist are:
- Expertise in statistical modeling and distributed computing.
- Deep knowledge of programming languages, such as SAS, R, SQL, Python, Spark, and Hive.
- Proficiency in different types of data visualization, analytics and reporting tools.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics.
- Expertise in process management, database architecture, data modeling and data mining.
- Data Engineer
With the help of data analytics certification, you can also become a data engineer. In this profile, your job would be to prepare the big data infrastructure that would be later analyzed by data scientists. A data engineer designs, integrates and builds from different sources. They are also responsible for writing complex queries to their design, to ensure that everything is accessible and works smoothly. Some of the necessary skills for a data engineer are:
- Excellent understanding of Python and SQL.
- Good understanding of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (data warehousing, data modeling).
- Knowledge of Scala/Java.
- Digital Marketing Manager
The role of a digital marketing manager is to develop, manage and implement marketing policies of a company. They play a vital role in improving brand awareness. Having data analytics training is also essential for digital marketing.
Tools such as custom reporting tools and Google Analytics are often used by digital marketing managers to analyze traffic from different social media and website advertisements.
- Business Analyst
The responsibility of a business analyst is to bridge the gap between business and IT. Some of the key responsibilities of a business analyst include:
- Conducting extensive business analysis, and outlining opportunities, problems and solutions for the business.
- Forecasting and budgeting.
- Monitoring and planning.
- Variance analysis
- Defining requirements of the business and informing stakeholders about them.
As a business analyst, you must have command over a number of skills, including:
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Consultative and interpersonal skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Requirements engineering.
- Understanding database and network technology.
- Knowledge of business structure.
Apart from these, you can also find employment as an operations analyst and quantitative analyst after completing a data analytics course.